Avocado Deviled Eggs
- 2 slices bacon, diced
- 6 large eggs
- 1 avocado, halved, seeded and peeled
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro leaves
- 1 tablespoon freshly squeezed lemon juice
- Zest of 1 lemon
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh chives
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Heat a large skillet over medium high heat. Add bacon and cook until brown and crispy, about 6-8 minutes. Transfer to a paper towel-lined plate; set aside.
- Place eggs in a large saucepan and cover with cold water by 1 inch. Bring to a boil and cook for 1 minute. Cover eggs with a tight-fitting lid and remove from heat; set aside for 8-10 minutes.
- Drain well and let cool before peeling and cutting the eggs in half lengthwise, reserving the yolks.
- In a small bowl, mash the yolks and avocado with a fork until chunky. Stir in cilantro, lemon juice and lemon zest; season with salt and pepper, to taste.
- Use a pastry bag fitted with decorative tip #1M to pipe into the eggs, topped with bacon and garnished with chives and cayenne pepper, if desired.*