- 150g Frozen banana
- ½ tsp ginger
- ¼ Tsp Turmeric
- 300 ml Almond or coconut milk
- 50g Dates
- 30G nut Butter
- 60g Chia Seeds
- 1 Tsp Vanilla Essence
- Slivered Almonds and Raspberries to top
- Blend all the ingredients except the chia seeds.
- Once dates are well integrated, pour into a container, mix in the chia seeds, and refrigerate for 2-3 hours.
- Once set to a pudding consistency, top with slivered almonds and raspberries.
WHAT'S SO GOOD ABOUT THIS RECIPE?
Bananas contain fibre, carbohydrates for energy, and potassium which help maintain electrolyte balance and maintain the electrical rhythm of your heart. Chia seeds are an absolute winner! Two tablespoons contain 139 calories, 4 grams of protein, 9 grams fat (healthy, anti-inflammatory Omega 3 fat), 12 grams carbohydrates and 11 grams of fibre, plus vitamins and minerals. They keep you feeling full, and can be used in so many recipes to create a pudding-like consistency, or as a topping to add an extra healthy crunch.
Tumeric and Ginger both possess active ingredients that are great for inflammation, cardiovascular health, antioxidant effects as well as brain and immune function.
Dates are a great healthy way to add a touch of sweetness without using refined sugars or artificial sweeteners.
Raspberries are of course delicious, much cheaper in the frozen form as well as being so versatile. They are packed with antioxidants and sweetness as well as phytochemicals that are of huge benefit to your overall health.