Banana & Coconut Bread
- 400 g (14 oz) ripe banana
- 6 eggs
- 4 fresh pitted dates
- 2 tsp vanilla extract or 1 tsp vanilla bean paste
- 60 ml (1/4 cup) macadamia nut oil, coconut oil or cold-pressed olive oil
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 2 tsp gluten-free baking powder
- 70 g (1/2 cup / 2 1/2 oz) ) coconut flour
- 20 g (1/4 cup / 1 oz) chia seed
- 2 scoops of BN Protein
Preheat your oven to 150°C / 300°F (fan-forced).
- Combine banana, dates, oil, cinnamon, vanilla, eggs and baking powder in a blender or food processor and blend until creamy and combined - alternatively, you can do this by hand in a large bowl.
- Add the BN Protein, coconut flour and chia seeds and mix through.
- Rest for 10 minutes to allow the chia and coconut flour to expand.
- Lightly oil one loaf tin and then line it with baking paper - The size I used was: 10 1/2 cm wide and 26 cm long.
- Spoon batter into the tin - at this stage, you can decorate the bread with flaked coconut or sliced banana before baking.
- Bake for 30 - 45 minutes (a skewer inserted into the centre should come out dry).
- Cover the top with foil if over-browning.
- Remove from the oven and cool before turning out the loaf. Enjoy!