- 250 ml (1 cup) thick Greek-style yoghurt or coconut yoghurt, if dairy-free
- 50 g (1/2 cup) organic rolled oats
- 1/2 tablespoon Organic Superfood
- 1 red apple, grated
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 teaspoons fresh grated ginger
- 60 g (1/2 cup) organic raspberries (fresh or frozen) see notes
- 1/4 cup fresh grated beetroot (optional) Juice from 1/2 lime plus a splash of water
- Add fresh berries and mint to serve
The night before:
- Combine yoghurt, oats, Organic Superfood, apple, vanilla and 1 teaspoon of the freshly grated ginger into a glass or ceramic bowl.
- Cover and allow to sit in the fridge overnight to develop and the oats soften. Make the berry puree and blend the rest of the ginger, raspberries, beetroot, lime and a splash of water.
In the morning:
- Fold through a little of the berry puree through the oats then divide into serving bowls.
- Garnish with more berry puree and extra yoghurt. Add fresh mint or extra berries to serve.
Notes and Inspirations
This is a magnificent healthy breakfast that keeps well for 2 - 3 days in the fridge. Use 1 teaspoon Healthy Chef Green Smoothie in place of Organic Superfood, Make oats in individual glass jars. Use blueberries, lemon and chia in place of raspberries and beetroot.