- 2 x 200 g pieces white fish fillets (wild snapper or any white fish of your choice)
- 1/4 cup water or coconut water (if braising)
- 1 lime
- 1 bunch coriander - leaves and stalk finally chopped
- generous pinch of ground black pepper
- 1 tbsp tamari soy sauce
- 2 cloves garlic, smashed
- 1 tbsp grated fresh galangal or ginger
- 1 tablespoon turmeric, grated
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- Combine ginger, turmeric, garlic, tamari, lime juice and olive oil in a bowl. For a smoother paste, I love using my mortar which combines the ingredients perfectly.
- Fold in the finely chopped coriander root.
- Add the fish fillet and coat well.
- Wrap the fish individually using baking paper, foil or banana leaf. Make sure it is really well sealed into a lovely neat little pocket.
- Steam the fish for 10 minutes until cooked through and remove from the heat.
- Serve immediately with your choice salad or vegetables.
- Vegetarians can use organic silken tofu or tempeh in place of the fish.