Poached lamb with spring vegetables
- 2 cups (800ml) Massel Beef Style Liquid Stock
- 1 bunch baby (Dutch) carrots, trimmed
- 1 bunch baby turnips trimmed
- 8 kipfler potatoes, peeled, halved if large
- 4 eschalots, halved if large
- 1 bunch broccolini, trimmed
- 1 cup (150g) podded broad beans
- 120g green beans, trimmed
- 2 x 270g lamb backstraps, trimmed
- Basil pesto, to serve
- Place the stock in a large saucepan over medium-high heat. Season, bring to a simmer, then add the carrot, turnip and potato. Cook for 6-8 minutes until tender.
- Add the eschalot, broccolini, broad beans and green beans, then cook for a further 1-2 minutes until tender. Remove vegetables with a slotted spoon and divide among serving bowls, mashing a little potato against the side of the pan, using a fork, to thicken the stock.
- Slice the lamb as thinly as possible then divide among the bowls. Pour over the hot stock (the stock will gently cook the lamb), drizzle with pesto, then serve.