I could hardly walk my knees are damaged by my excess weight. I was having trouble breathing when I had to do anything. My granddaughter was born and I knew I needed to look after myself so I could be the best nanny for her and me.
2. What was your weight prior to your WLS, and... What’s the goal?
Prior to surgery I weighed 163kg I am now 130kgs and I would love to get to 100kg
3. Did you get to the weight you wanted?
Im a work in progress
4. How do you feel now that you have had the surgery?
Much healthier, more confident and funnily enough im starting to like myself again.
5. Were there any problems along the way?
My biggest problem is my self talk
6. Would you do it again now that you know what you know?
Yes in a heart beat.
7. What are some of the inspiring things you can think of that you have noticed along the way?
The support I've had. Getting compliments
8. Did you have some happy unexpected surprises?
9. What advice do you have for anyone preparing for surgery?
Get you head right first. The surgery and the smaller portions are the easier parts, getting your head around the changes you go through are hard
10. What is the one very best thing that has resulted from your surgery? What has been the hardest part of your journey?
Best thing I feel great. Seeing my success has been hard as I have a terrible body image