1. What made you decide to have wls surgery?2. What was your weight prior to your WLS, and... What’s the goal?
I needed my life back.
3. Did you get to the weight you wanted?
4. How do you feel now that you have had the surgery?
Happy with my transformation. But are struggling after I'll health and 9 operations in 2 years.
5. Were there any problems along the way?
Yes. Had Lapland first it grew into my stomach and caused a tumour. So I had to have my tumour taken out but now after 2 years and 9 ops I'm doing so much better
6. Would you do it again now that you know what you know?
Yes but would have bypass and not band
7. What are some of the inspiring things you can think of that you have noticed along the way?
My own mother didn't know me she hadn't seen me for 4 months. Being able to talk to others about my journey. Able to walk into a normal dress shop and buy of the rack
8. Did you have some happy unexpected surprises?
I found myself again. Met the most wonderful partner in life.
9. What advice do you have for anyone preparing for surgery?
Do lots of research. But remember it's your body your journey and there will always be someone with an opinion. And listen to your body. Get a second opinion if your not happy with the first one.
10. What is the one very best thing that has resulted from your surgery? What has been the hardest part of your journey?
I have met the love of my life. The last 2 years and multiple ops. And then wound getting infection in while still in hospital and had to leave the wound open for over 6 months.with a Vac dressing being changed every 2 days. But now I have had skin grafts done and healing well now.