1. What made you decide to have wls surgery?
I had to have knee surgery so it was a quick decision to get a sleeve done at the same time. Yes, that's right, at the same time. I was going to have two bad knees for the rest of my life so I had to do something. Nothing was working any more. I went on my first diet when I was 11 and have yo-yoed through life ever since.
2. What was your weight prior to your WLS, and... What’s the goal?
122kg, to keep it off!
3. Did you get to the weight you wanted?
Yes, plus more!
4. How do you feel now that you have had the surgery?
Absolutely no regrets!
5. Were there any problems along the way?
No issues whatsoever, even with having knee surgery at the same time.
6. Would you do it again now that you know what you know?
Yes! I say I should have done it earlier, but I probably wasn't in the best place for it until now.
7. What are some of the inspiring things you can think of that you have noticed along the way?
A lot of the success stories on the group pages have been very inspiring. Being able to do some toning exercises and actually seeing some muscles form, not have them hidden under a few inches of fat.
8. Did you have some happy unexpected surprises?
I have lost more than expected and fit into all those clothes I have carried around with me for 20 years.
9. What advice do you have for anyone preparing for surgery?
Do what they tell you to do! No shortcuts!
10. What is the one very best thing that has resulted from your surgery? What has been the hardest part of your journey?
Best part - buying size 10 jeans. I have never owned a pair of size 10 jeans! Hardest part - I can't think of anything!