1. What made you decide to have wls surgery?
Always struggled with gaining weight, three times I managed to lose it by diet over a 20 year span but always managed to put it back on. We were blessed with our youngest Ans being 39 with a 3 year old I was struggling to keep up with his active little body along with finding I was start in f to have back aches, tender feet etc so time to take action for good!!
2. What was your weight prior to your WLS, and... What’s the goal?
101.3 goal was 70
3. Did you get to the weight you wanted?
4. How do you feel now that you have had the surgery?
Amazing!!! No regrets!
5. Were there any problems along the way?
6. Would you do it again now that you know what you know?
7. What are some of the inspiring things you can think of that you have noticed along the way?
I now understand the importance of nutrition and meal portions I can actually walk and run around with my teens and toddler and not be gasping for air I’m setting a great example for my kids
8. Did you have some happy unexpected surprises?
Yes! I managed to go from a size 20 down to a 10 I no longer have my double chin! Yay!
9. What advice do you have for anyone preparing for surgery?
Be mentally prepared! You’ll never be able to sit down and eat a huge pub meal chased down my a cold beer! Explain ALL the rules regarding not drinking liquids with food, portion sizes, make healthier choices It’s definitely not a quick fix, it’s a lifetime one! Meal prep as much as possible, especially for when you come home from surgery, have the families mess all frozen ready to go so you don’t have to cook whilst recovering and be sure to have that broth ready to heat up also! Have all your vitamins and protein water stocked up!
10. What is the one very best thing that has resulted from your surgery? What has been the hardest part of your journey?
Best thing is having all the energy to play netball with my daughter, AFL with my teen son and be able to run around endlessly with my toddler ❤️ Hardest part, just the original 2-4 weeks understanding that I can’t eat like I used too, but knowing it will all be worth it ☺️