Buckwheat Flat Bread
BENEFITS: Gluten free, grain free, high protein, low carb, Great substitute for bread and flour
- 375 ml water, lukewarm
- 8 g dried yeast
- 500 g buckwheat flour
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp polenta , for dusting
- Combine the water and yeast and allow the mixture to activate (approx. 10-15 mins).
- Combine the buckwheat flour, salt and olive oil and add the yeast mixture. Work slowly to make a dough, cover and allow to rise in a warm spot for 1 hour.
- Divide the dough into six pieces. Take one piece, shape into a flat disc and place between two sheets of baking paper. Carefully roll out the dough into a round pita shape approx ¼ inch thick. Pierce the dough with a fork a few times and dust lightly with polenta.
- Heat up your 10″ cast iron pan and brush with olive oil. Cook the pita for a few mins on one side until puffy and repeat on the other side.
- Fill them up with your desired meat and vegetables and serve immediately.